Thursday, January 24, 2013

How it all started...

Although I have enjoyed baking for quite some time now, I hadn't been too serious about it. Well, that was until last December when I made a Black Forest Cake for Ceci's birthday. Because I had enjoyed making this cake a lot and because it didn't turn out too bad either, my New Year's resolution was to bake more, try out new recipes and variations of old ones. So this is why I am starting this blog, sharing recipes, photos and comments on my baked goods.

Most of the recipes are from the Dr. Oetker book "Backen macht Freude" (baking is fun), a true German classic, which is over 100 years old. My parents have the famous version from the 1960s, but I recently bought the 100 year anniversary version. There's also an English version available at Amazon (German baking today), but I don't know if the content is identical to the anniversary book. And then there are some recipes by family and friends that are so great I have to share them. Let me know if you have any questions or comments regarding these recipes! Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment